- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add the lemon juice, spices, lemon peel and salt.
- Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
"My family liked this recipe and it was easy and quick. The next time I make it, I will add Tony Chechere's or Cayenne Pepper for a little kick."
"very tasty, served with nutty wild rice on page 31 of this issue."