Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, shrimp, parsley and vinegar. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until shrimp is heated through. Stir in the butter, salt, pepper and cayenne. Drain fettuccine; serve with shrimp mixture and feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 419 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 25, 2011
Great recipe!! If you like spicy food i would add more cayenne ( 4x more). But very good dish would def. make again!! husband approved!
Feb 15, 2009
This reciepe tastes like you put more effort into it than you did! Quick & delicious!!