Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, shrimp, parsley and vinegar. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until shrimp is heated through. Stir in the butter, salt, pepper and cayenne. Drain fettuccine; serve with shrimp mixture and feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 419 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 25, 2011
Great recipe!! If you like spicy food i would add more cayenne ( 4x more). But very good dish would def. make again!! husband approved!
Feb 15, 2009
This reciepe tastes like you put more effort into it than you did! Quick & delicious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.