Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
I make this spicy shrimp pasta a lot because it's a something my family never seems to get tired of. The sauce is so fast to make I can get it done while the fettuccine is cooking. In the past, I have added red peppers and spinach, but who's to say you could not add mushrooms or more or less spice. —Stephanie Beluk, Sharpsburg, Georgia
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red serrano pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute garlic and serrano pepper in butter and oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and seasonings; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes.
- 2. Stir in Alfredo sauce and broth; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Serve with shrimp mixture.
1 serving: 427 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC