- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, peppers and shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp to sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; stir into sauce. Heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta
"This was a great dish, I used more pasta as my family likes a bit more. We will definitely make this again."
"Great dish and inexpensive to make. I would double up on the ingredients next time, since this recipe only calls for a half of box linguine"
"Very good and easy to make. I made it without the linguine as we are on a low carb diet and this worked perfectly with the plan."
"I want to make this for my family but i'm not that experienced with cooking or changing the recipes to accommodate a bigger number of people. I want to make it for 6-7 people instead of 4 any suggestions on how much to increase the recipe?"
"Constantly on the menu at my house :)"
"Aside from needing a little extra salt, this dish was fabulous! I used yellow and orange peppers, and green onion instead of shallot. Will definatley be making this again, only halving the recipe b/c the leftovers weren't nearly as good."
"Loved this one. I decreaed the pepper flakes a bit and used yellow and red peppers."
"My husband and I loved this dish. We used bowtie pasta instead of the linguine. We are spice fans, but if you aren't keen on the spice, use less red pepper flakes or none at all! Delicious!"