Spicy Shrimp & Crab Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 radishes, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Spicy Hot V8 juice (about 16 ounces)
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Mix the first 10 ingredients. Gently fold in shrimp, crab and avocados. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until cold. Serve in martini glasses.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 162 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 19, 2015
I wanted to LOVE this recipe but did not. I only wanted to give this a 3 but my company seemed to enjoy it last night so i gave it a 4. i thought Clamato juice was clam juice. Oooops on my part so i added juice from 1 and a 1/2 lemons to mask that boo boo. I did use Smirnoff bloody mary mix (spicy). The recipe needs either lemon or lime anyway. Crab meat expensive so would prefer to make a recipe with crab where it does not get masked by all the ingredients in this recipe
Jun 23, 2014
I made a quarter of this it worked out just fine. Delish and refreshing esp during dog days of summer. I used frozen crab I have on hand for canned, but next time I plan on using the crab sticks in lieu of frozen or canned crab for economy. I also used fresh shrimp quickly boiled until barely pink. Thanks for sharing.
Jan 1, 2014
Excellent for parties, I received many, many compliments and requests for the recipe. I used spicy bloody mary mix in lieu of the V8 and Clamato.