Spicy Sesame Shrimp & Noodle Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- SHRIMP & VEGETABLES:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Add sauce mixture to same pan; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes longer.
- Drain spaghetti; add to pan. Toss to combine with sauce. Return shrimp to pan and add vegetables; cook and toss over medium-low heat until vegetables begin to wilt, about 4 minutes.
Mar 26, 2014
This dish is excellent--I used sriracha hot sauce and the amount of heat was just right. This will be my new go to Asian noodle recipe! The Taste of Home Across America cookbook (which is where this recipe was printed) has a lot of other really good recipes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.