Spicy Sesame Chicken Salad
Angela Lively, Spring, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, optional
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Prepare chicken according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, soy sauce, oil, chili sauce and peanut butter until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, carrots, mushrooms, chicken and, if desired, sprouts. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: To toast nuts, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 193 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Chinese Chicken Salad in Tyson's Grilled & Ready
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.