- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 4-1/2 to 5 hours. Stir in water, scallops and shrimp. Cook, covered, until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink, 15-20 minutes longer. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Seafood Stew
"Used V8 juice. Yum."
"I made this recipe not once but twice and I see a third time in the near future."
"This recipe is absolutely loved by my family. They ask for it repeatedly and I make it as I can. I think it's awesome and so does my family."