- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Add pasta to the soup; cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender. Add shrimp and crab; simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews forSpicy Seafood Bisque
"I have also been making this bisque for years...we love it."
"I've been making this soup for years (Since finding this delicious recipe in my TOH magazine!).It never disappoints. Croutons make a tasty garnish."
"This is one of my favorite soups. When I want to splurge, I use "real," chopped crabmeat, rather than the canned."
"I've made this time and time again. One of my favorite recipes. I usually omit the crab, still turns out great. easy to make and full of flavor."