- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots in oil for 4 minutes. Add the peas, onions and garlic; saute 3 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm. Drain fettuccine and toss with butter; keep warm.
- In the skillet, combine wine, water, tarragon, bouillon and cayenne. Bring to a boil; add scallops. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and scallops are opaque. Add pasta and vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Scallop Fettuccine
"Great recipe! Makes for a great, light summer meal with an extra kick, and my husband loved it. easy to make as well"