Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs
"I've been cooking ever since I was 11 years old, and I still enjoy trying new recipes," relates Tammy Utter of Purdy, Missouri. These tasty bites boast spicy pork sausage, green chilies and sharp cheddar cheese and make a sensational appetizer or swift snack.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 pound spicy bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in the sausage, water and chilies.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3 pieces: 28 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.