"I've been cooking ever since I was 11 years old, and I still enjoy trying new recipes," relates Tammy Utter of Purdy, Missouri. These tasty bites boast spicy pork sausage, green chilies and sharp cheddar cheese and make a sensational appetizer or swift snack.
Recommended: 50 Recipes for Homemade State Fair Food
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 pound spicy bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in the sausage, water and chilies.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p7
Reviews forSpicy Sausage Cheese Puffs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"I've made these several times. They are easy and tasty. However, this recipe does not yield 3 dozen."