Spicy Sausage Casserole
My family loves to sleep in on weekends, so they convinced me to serve brunch instead of breakfast. But it seems whenever the aroma of this dish fills the house, they wake up a little earlier!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- In a 2-qt. casserole, layer rice, sausage, water chestnuts, 1 cup cheese, broccoli and then remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.