My family loves to sleep in on weekends, so they convinced me to serve brunch instead of breakfast. But it seems whenever the aroma of this dish fills the house, they wake up a little earlier!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- In a 2-qt. casserole, layer rice, sausage, water chestnuts, 1 cup cheese, broccoli and then remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p22