Spicy Sausage and Pasta
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large green pepper,chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add green pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the sour cream until blended. Drain macaroni; add to skillet. Cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 20, 2013
My husband's family has been making this recipe for the past 30 yesars. It is a great, quick meal. Kids love it. Sometimes we do not add sourcream at end but serve on the side for those who don't like tangy sour cream taste. On occasion we have added a can of drained corn or black beans to extend the servings. Great recipe!