Spicy Salsa Muffins Recipe
At a farmer's market in Coweta, Oklahoma the Grenter brothers sell with wonderful, slightly spicy muffins every Saturday. If you buy some, you can request a copy of the recipe.—Ginger Sullivan, Cutler Bay, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the salsa, cream, butter and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin: 167 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Salsa Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC