Spicy Salmon Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 miniature pretzels
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, salmon, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 cup crumb mixture. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 patties: 339 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Oct 11, 2011
I've tried other Salmon Patty recipes in the past and thought YUCK but this one is YUMMY!! An instant family favorite in my house :) They weren't too spicy so even the kids enjoyed them.
Mar 19, 2010
I love tuna patties and these salmon patties are a nice variation. They were not dry but had a nice crunchy exterior. My husband loved them, and even my 15-month old chowed down!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.