Spicy Salmon Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 miniature pretzels
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, salmon, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 cup crumb mixture. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil until golden brown, 4-5 minutes on each side.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 patties: 339 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2019
Oct 11, 2011
I've tried other Salmon Patty recipes in the past and thought YUCK but this one is YUMMY!! An instant family favorite in my house :) They weren't too spicy so even the kids enjoyed them.
Mar 19, 2010
I love tuna patties and these salmon patties are a nice variation. They were not dry but had a nice crunchy exterior. My husband loved them, and even my 15-month old chowed down!