Jalapenos add zip to this quick-to-assemble combo of roast beef and cheese from Shirley Wayne. "It's a good hot sandwich to eat in the car or take to sporting events," writes the Laguna Woods, California cook.
Recommended: Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canned diced jalapeno pepper
- Spread butter over the cut sides of rolls. Layer beef, cheese and peppers on the bottom halves; replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in foil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Roast Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p53