- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add rice, sour cream and cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Serve over corn chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Rice Skillet
"Fantastic! This is a great dish for pot luck... plate always comes home empty!"
"I've made this since it first came out in 1998? I'd lost the receipe but luckly remembered the name of this. It's not "HOT" or that "spicy" but man is it DELICIOUS!! I've made it several times and even for a company dinner to my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt and I are the "Chiefs Of the Family" So we"re always trying to impress each other. She was impressed with this as everybody who tries it is. Even if they don't like rice they will like this. You can't go wrong here!"
"This is one of my kid's favorite recipes. I've been making it for years! Because it all goes together in one pan it's a snap to make. It's very filling, delicious comfort food."
"I can't believe that there are only 5 reviews so far on this recipe, as I have been making this for years! Everyone that eats it loves it and its so fast and easy to make. This has been and will always be one of the best dishes I will make."
"I've been making this since it was published in the TOH cookbook. This is one of my all-time favorites and I always have the ingredients on hand."