- 1-1/4 cups cold apple juice
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Bagels or toast
- In a mixing bowl, combine apple juice and dry pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and pie spice. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve on bagels or toast. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews forSpicy Pumpkin Spread
"Here is a simple recipe that looks good!http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/10/delicious-nutritious-pumpkin-butter/ if you make it, let me know how it turns out!"
"Has anyone tried to make a spread or a butter from fresh pumpkin? we had some from South Carolina, it was so delicious I'd like to make it."