Spicy Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 6 large red potatoes (about 3 pounds), cubed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, onion powder and cumin; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in the corn, olives, cilantro and peppers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 20, 2010
I often make this recipe because I submitted it, and it was a winner. It's great for picnics and potlucks when weather is warm since it isn't mayonnaise based. Donna Lefurgey, AZ
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.