Spicy Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 6 large red potatoes (about 3 pounds), cubed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, onion powder and cumin; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in the corn, olives, cilantro and peppers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2010
I often make this recipe because I submitted it, and it was a winner. It's great for picnics and potlucks when weather is warm since it isn't mayonnaise based. Donna Lefurgey, AZ