Spicy Pork with Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and ginger in canola oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add pork; cook until juices run clear. Drain.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes. Add noodles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 315 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Sep 18, 2017
I seem to be the odd ball out, but I had many problems with this dish. First of all we used a half pound of uncooked noodles. I found we needed to use almost 3x the amount of water. Taste was way too mild, so we added more soy sauce, more sesame oil and some hot oil.
Jan 29, 2011
We have made this a few times since the magazine came out. We really like it, but add a shredded carrot and about a cup of shredded green cabbage with the green onions in the first step.
Feb 17, 2010
What a great combination of flavors!
Nov 7, 2009
My family absolutely loves pork and pasta and they think this dish is a keeper. I agree, this is a recipe I want.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.