Spicy Pork Tenderloin Skewers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a blender, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork cubes onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 6, 2017
Liked the flavor. Certainly spcy, but not overwhemingly so.
Aug 18, 2013
Had a a terrific flavor. Will do again!
Jul 11, 2010
We just grilled these today and we really liked it! Served it over rice with the Macaroni Coleslaw Salad to accompany it!
Jun 12, 2010
I loved it! To the lady who commented on the heat, don't just cut down on the red pepper. Fresh ginger packs a mighty punch so you might want to cut that down to reduce the heat too. Hope it helps!!
Aug 5, 2009
Made this last night and I don't think my husband has ever raved as much about a recipe and I cook a lot...the only thing I did different is to use boneless country ribs cubed, and wisked the dressing instead of using a blender...came out great, this is a keeper!
Jul 30, 2009
This was delicious. Even my 7 and 4 year old grandchildren loved it. Served it with a mix of vegetables also done on the grill.
Jul 25, 2009
I did this reciepe using the pork and it was delicious I have Chicken thighs marinating now I hope they are as yummy
Jul 24, 2009
The low sodium content really appeals to me!My husband loves spicy foods. . .Tabasco on almost everything he eats. I can no longer handle the hot stuff so I'd reduce the red pepper.We'll try this for sure. . .with less red pepper!
Jul 23, 2009
I prepared and my son grilled these and we all absolutely loved them - we like spicy food though. Maybe pennygirl should cut back on the red pepper flakes....I fix this again any time.
Jan 20, 2009
My family hated this dish. Usually they love meat but the spices make this inedible.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.