Spicy Pork Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper. chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown pork and onions until pork is no longer pink; drain. Stir in peppers and celery; cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/4 cups: 227 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Chili
"This was ok, no big complaints. I just have several other chili recipes that I greatly prefer over this."
"This was a little sweet, a little spicy, but the best part was how chunky with veggies it was. Felt like I was eating a really healthy meal. My husband finished what our son didn't eat and I know he was already stuffed. My son did eat it, but he's 5 and it was a little mature for him. I don't care. I make him eat some anyway. He said he liked it."
"The picture appears to be the correct one for the recipe. It looks to me like the vegetables are just chopped "chunky". The red bell pepper looks like carrots and the celery like potatoes. The meat looks like it is cooked chunky as well."