- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onions and celery in butter until meat is browned. Stir in the beans, broth, water, jalapenos, spices, garlic, salt, parsley and hot pepper sauce if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover; simmer 30-40 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired consistency. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Pork Chili with White Beans
"Very good, although, I used 2 lb. of pork,"
"My family loves this recipe! All the way from my 8 yr old to my husband.We are a family of 9 and the pot is empty after one meal! Thanks for sharing."