Spicy Pork Baguette Bites
Here's an interesting twist on mini cocktail sandwiches. Lime mayonnaise provides a cool counterpoint to the nicely spiced pork, and toasted baguette slices contribute the crunch.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- LIME MAYONNAISE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), sliced and toasted
- Additional grated lime zest, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over tenderloin. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Place tenderloin on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest. Thinly slice pork; serve on toasted bread with a dollop of lime mayonnaise. Sprinkle with additional lime zest if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 137 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Lime Mayonnaise in Country Woman November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.