Here's an interesting twist on mini cocktail sandwiches. Lime mayonnaise provides a cool counterpoint to the nicely spiced pork, and toasted baguette slices contribute the crunch.
Recommended: 34 Best Mardi Gras Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- LIME MAYONNAISE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), sliced and toasted
- Additional grated lime zest, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over tenderloin. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Place tenderloin on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest. Thinly slice pork; serve on toasted bread with a dollop of lime mayonnaise. Sprinkle with additional lime zest if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Pork Baguette Bites in Country Woman November/December 2006, p27