Spicy Pineapple Spread
Want a sweet-and-spicy treat? Set out my spread! It features a delicious mixture of warm fruit preserves, zesty horseradish and mustard, which you pour over cream cheese and serve with crackers.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2/3 cup
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 4 to 5 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 to 5 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers
- In a saucepan, combine jelly, preserves, horseradish and mustard. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 252 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Pineapple Spread in Country Woman Christmas 1999