A co-worker brought these pickled beans into work one day...I was hooked after one bite! And I was thrilled when a jar of my beans won first place at the local county fair.—Jill Darin, Geneseo, Illinois
Recommended: 22 Pickled Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons dill seed or 4 fresh dill heads
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- Pack beans into four hot 1-pint jars to within 1/2 in. of the top. Add the cayenne, garlic and dill seed to jars.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, vinegar and salt to a boil.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture over beans, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 4 pints.
Originally published as Spicy Pickled Green Beans in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p210