Spicy Peppers & Corn
Try this crowd-pleasing corn casserole the next time you’re looking for a side dish that's colorful, delicious and has a little zip. It’s an easy combination everyone will love.—Jeaune Hadl Van Meter, Lexington, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen yellow, white or shoepeg corn, thawed
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 to 2 hot chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and butter.
- Spoon half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with corn mixture and remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 310 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Red Peppers and Corn in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.