Try this crowd-pleasing corn casserole the next time you’re looking for a side dish that's colorful, delicious and has a little zip. It’s an easy combination everyone will love.—Jeaune Hadl Van Meter, Lexington, Kentucky
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh or frozen yellow, white or shoepeg corn, thawed
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 to 2 hot chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and butter.
- Spoon half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with corn mixture and remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Peppers & Corn in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p97