Spicy Peach Crisp
A serving of this sweet treat is a scrumptious way to finish a meal. With oatmeal, spices and fruit filling, this dessert is as lovely as it is delicious.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, well drained
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in an 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the oats, sugar, flour and spices. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Originally published as Spicy Peach Crisp in Country Woman March/April 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.