This is the prefect crust for pumpkin pie or even an apple pie. It is adds such a delicious zippy flavor!—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
- (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 1-1/2 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium bowl, combine pastry mix and pie spice. Combine the molasses and water; gently mix in just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Proceed as for regular pie pastry (recipe also in Recipe Finder).
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 24 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Spicy Pastry in Country Woman May/June 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.