Spicy Party Meatballs
These spicy meatballs are great served with fresh veggies for a nice change of pace.—Sue Yaeger, Brookings, South Dakota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pound Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until browned; drain.
- In a saucepan, combine cheese, green chilies and taco seasoning; stir until well blended and the cheese melts. Add meatballs; cover and simmer until heated through.
Originally published as Spicy Party Meatballs in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.