Spicy Paprika Herb Rub
“Rub this mixture on chicken or roasts. It’ll turn the meat golden brown, and it tastes marvelous!” Marian Platt — Sequim, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; store in a covered container. Rub over meat or poultry before grilling or broiling.
Nutrition Facts2 teaspoon: 14 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Dave's Dry-Rub in Simple & Delicious May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.