VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cashews or whole unblanched almonds
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash each ground cinnamon and cloves
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add nuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned; drain. Add the seasonings; stir to coat. Cool completely.
- To serve warm, place in a baking pan. Heat at 300° for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Nuts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p109