Spicy Molasses Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 12 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients and spices; add to batter and mix lightly. Stir in nuts and raisins if desired; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 70 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 20, 2011
This recipe really seems to lack something, it is bland and pretty tasteless. I was very, very disappointed.
Oct 17, 2010
They are very tasty! They taste like gingerbread cookies.Yum!!!