Spicy Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce, divided
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in 3/4 cup tomato sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top each with 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce (save remaining sauce for another use). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 363 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Feb 2, 2012
I enjoy this recipe. I've made it several times. I usually double or triple the recipe, then freeze the leftovers. Perfect to pull out of the freezer for the exact amount that you need.
Jan 24, 2011
This may be good to some people depending on how you like to season things, but this was not my favorite meatloaf. I will be sticking with my little cheddar meatloaves. The flavor was lacking. Being that it says "spicy" I was thinking it would be spicy but what it should be called is SPICED. I was disappointed. Not one I would crave and want again.