Spicy Meat Loaf
This is not your typical meat loaf! The green chili salsa really gives it some zip, and the pork sausage combined with the beef adds variety. Meat loaves of all kinds are a favorite around here.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green or red chili salsa
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- Additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salsa and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Top with additional salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 249 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Meat Loaf in Country June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.