This is not your typical meat loaf! The green chili salsa really gives it some zip, and the pork sausage combined with the beef adds variety. Meat loaves of all kinds are a favorite around here.
Recommended: 35 Appetizers From Your 13×9
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green or red chili salsa
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Top with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Meat Loaf in Country June/July 2005, p51