Spicy Maple Sausages
Wake up your guests’ taste buds with this easy treatment for breakfast sausages from our home economists. Just five ingredients are needed for the sweet and spicy glaze.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Links
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage links until browned; drain. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sausages are glazed.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 158 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Maple Spice Sausages in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.