- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium lemons, halved
- Minced chives
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine lemon juice, 3 tablespoons oil, wine, pepper flakes and rosemary. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Place lemons on grill, cut side down. Grill 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Squeeze lemon halves over chicken. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Lemon Chicken Kabobs
"Two of us thought the lemon flavor was too mild and two of us thought it was just right...two of us thought it had a nice heat level and two of us thought there wasn't enough (although we usually all like about the same level of heat). LOL! But overall it did have a nice flavor."
"How is it that I haven't tried this sooner??? I love, love, love Meyer lemons and use them whenever possible. Unfortunately, I did not have any available for this recipe, so I used regular lemons with great results! I used crushed rosemary - again what I had on hand. I added a splash of tobasco to the marinade because I like some heat with my chicken. The kabobs were tasty and juicy. I recommend testing for doneness after 10 minutes to keep from drying them out."