Spicy Italian Sausage Sandwiches
"There's no need for other condiments when you jazz up sausages with zippy peppers," promises Bonnie Jost of Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Leftover links are handy to use in the two recipes that follow.
- 16 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 1 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, julienned
- 1 banana pepper, julienned optional
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 brat or hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil. Drain sausages; place a sausage in each bun. Top each with about 1/3 cup pepper mixture. Refrigerate remaining sausages.
1 each: 713 calories, 38g fat (13g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1417mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 8g fiber), 34g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC