Spicy Honey Mustard Green Beans
I love fresh beans, but was getting tired of just steaming and eating them plain. So I whipped up this easy honey-mustard combination as a simple side dish. —Carol Traupman-Carr, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; transfer to a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine onion, mustard, honey and dill. Pour over beans; toss to coat.
Originally published as Honey-mustard Green Beans in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.