- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed deli ham
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli, onion and garlic during the last 5-7 minutes. Cook until pasta and broccoli are tender; drain. In a large serving bowl, combine the ham, olives and pasta mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Pour over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Ham 'n' Broccoli Pasta
"Delicious! I loved this!"
"Very easy and surprisingly delicious! The dish is definitely greater than the sum of its ingredients."
"This is my recipe... If you use Italian salad dressing, you'll want to omit the olive oil. I use dried Italian seasoning - it can be found in the spice aisle of most grocery stores."
"I THINK THERE IS AN ERROR THE RECIPE..IT SHOULD SAY ..........WHISK THE OIL,SALT AND ITALIAN DRESSING AND PEPPER FLAKES(NOT SEASONING)"
"Italian seasoning is basically oregano, basil, garlic salt & you could add rosemary. If you add italian dressing omit the olive oil."
"Italian seasoning is just herbs, Italian dressing is a lot of salt and other things. But since it is a pasta dish, you could probably do it but the taste and moistness might be a little different. "
"Can I substitute italian seasoning with italian dressing?"