"This is one of my favorite ways to serve fish," says Kathleen Plake of Fort Wayne, Indiana. "I'm originally from Louisiana, where much of the food is spicy. So I like the spark that the chili powder and green chilies give this good-for-you baked fillets."
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Haddock in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p44
Reviews forSpicy Haddock
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"This is a fantastic recipe!!! Nice & spicy! We served it with a Swiss chard , mushroom & quinoa salad. We will be making it often!!!"