Spicy Ground Turkey Chili
"This chili is a scrumptious change of pace, thanks to ground turkey and the addition of cinnamon and allspice," writes Marlene Gravat of St. Louis, Missouri. "It was an instant hit with my husband, who tends to favor traditional beef chili."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Crumble turkey into a saucepan; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 234 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1346mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Chili in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.