- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper and lime slices, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oil, lime juice, soy sauce, molasses, jalapeno, garlic and ginger; mix well. Drain beef; add the oil mixture. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. On a large platter, layer salad greens, tomato, beef mixture and onion. Garnish with jalapeno and lime slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Ground Beef Salad
"I tired this recipe and now I make it often. I add cukes and other veggies as well."
"This tastes to me like the lettuce cup appetizers at PF Changs. Very good, I added about an extra Tbsp of lime juice and the zest of two limes. This was very unusual, but very good. I would make this again. I didn't top it with more jalapeno, but left it on the side for my husband. I prefer my jalapeno cooked."
"this is wonderful... we omit the xtra oil added and lime juice"