- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned or black pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the juice; oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne; shake well. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Slice into strips. Grill or broil pineapple, turning to brown both sides, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. To serve, toss greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl and top with chicken and pineapple; or arrange on four plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Grilled Chicken Salad
"I BBQ'd the red pepper with the pineapple. It was great!"
"I marinated the chicken in a little bit of the dressing for an hour and it really enhanced the flavor. This was a very tasty! I will be making this again."
"There will be no left-overs.;>)"