Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple slices aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the juice, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne; shake well. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- Grill or broil pineapple for 2-3 minutes, turning often until browned. To serve, place the greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl; top with chicken and pineapple. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Oct 24, 2014
I BBQ'd the red pepper with the pineapple. It was great!
May 31, 2014
I marinated the chicken in a little bit of the dressing for an hour and it really enhanced the flavor. This was a very tasty! I will be making this again.
May 12, 2012
There will be no left-overs.;>)